Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Un-meatballs

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter U 
I haven't made this un-meatballs in quite awhile. I made them often when the kids were young. I haven't "veganized" this recipe yet, either. It shouldn't be hard to do, though.

1 1/2 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (could use vegan cheese instead)
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
4 to 6 eggs, beaten (could use equivalent in egg replacer)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
Oil for browning
 
Combine bread crumbs, grated cheese, walnuts, eggs, onion, garlic and salt in bowl; knead to mix well. Shape by tablespoons into balls. Brown meatballs in oil in skillet; drain. Place in 2-quart casserole dish, top with spaghetti sauce. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Top with 1/2 cup grated cheese. bake for 10 minutes longer. May freeze and reheat. 
Yield: 6 servings

I hope you enjoy. I received a copy of this recipe from a LaLeche League meeting I attended, way back when my oldest was a baby. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.