Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Heart Health

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter H 

By the time my parents died, they each had pacemakers. My grandfather also had a pacemaker. My mother had her pacemaker, because she had AFib. My dad had had 2 or 3 heart attacks, and had several stents. With this in my family history, I know it's important for me to take care of my heart.

I'll admit, though, I haven't always been faithful in taking care of my heart, nor the rest of my body. A few years ago, I finally admitted to myself that I need to take this seriously, so I began walking regularly again. Also, a little over a year ago, I began eating as whole food plant based as possible.

What are some steps one can take to improve heart health?
  1. Enjoy a well balance plant based diet
  2. Keep your vitamin B-12 and vitamin D levels in the normal range
  3. Restrict sugar and refined carbs
  4. Regular exercise
  5. Get out in the sunshine
  6. Get enough quality sleep
  7. Take care of your mental health
(for further reading, this article is helpful)


1 comment:

We treasure your comments.