Thursday, April 11, 2024

Jennifer

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter J 

If you notice, this blog was supposedly started by my daughter and me, and we both were going to share in authoring on it. If you also notice, I seem to be the one who mostly does all the blogging. Ah, well. 

For those who are new readers to our blog, I'll share a little of Jen's story. 

She was diagnosed at age 10 1/2 with Type 1 Diabetes. It has been a roller coaster ride ever since. In the beginning, I pretty much had to be her pancreas, but as she grew older, she took charge more and more.

Occasionally I go with her to her appointments with the endocrinologist; usually her boyfriend takes her now. Sometimes her insulin brand has to change; often her dose has to change. Now that she's into her 30s, they starting to keep a closer watch on her feet, her kidneys, her heart, her eyes, etc. We witnessed the ravages of diabetes on my father; we want to delay that as much as possible with her.

She is one of the strongest young women I know. She has to be a strong warrior in this battle against T1D.

If you want to read about the beginning of our journey, click the Type 1 Diabetes tab at the top of the page. It' will take you to a page on my old blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.