Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Going Vegan/Whole Food Plant Based

Have you ever seen the movie, "Julie and Julia"? I imagine most foodies have! I have long toyed with the idea of doing something similar to what Julie did: cook my way through a cookbook and blog about it. I am having a bit of a struggle deciding which book I want to use, though. Would you like to help me out?
Nature's Harvest was my very first vegan cookbook. I received it nearly 40 years ago, around the time I married my first husband.
I picked up Nature's Banquet after I left Living Springs Retreat, having worked there a few months. It's another worn, well-loved cookbook.
Dr. Agatha Thrash, from Uchee Pines, wrote the Eat for Strength cookbook.
The Country Life cookbook is another of my favorite go-to cookbooks. I haven't used the Silver Hills book much.
During my second marriage, our church had a health seminar. I volunteered to babysit for any attendees who needed a baby sitter. I was given a copy of the cookbook they used during the seminar. More Choices does also offer dairy options, if one so chooses.
Weimar Institute and Wildwood Health Institute both have lifestyle programs that will change one's life. Their programs are based on God's health plan: Nutrition, Exercise, Water, Sunlight, Temperance, Air, Rest, and Trust in God.
Chef Mark Anthony is now at the Black Hills Health and Education Center. I enjoy his plant-based cooking very much. I even had the opportunity to see one of his live presentations once a few years ago.

Karen Houghton and the Micheff sisters have done cooking shows on 3ABN. Their cooking shows are always fun to watch, and are sure to make you hungry. 

The rest of these are new to me, and I haven't used them much. I picked them up, either at church (from someone who was getting rid of them), or used on Amazon or EBay.
Look! Mastering the Art of Vegan Cooking takes Julia Child's book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and veganizes it! And Betty Goes Vegan takes the Betty Crocker cookbook and veganizes it!
I picked up The College Vegan Cookbook, because I know the recipes would be smaller, and use more readily accessible ingredients.
So, what do you think? Which one should I start with? Leave your comment below. And join me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.