Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Time to Catch Up...A LOT!

This blog really suffers from "malnutrition"!! I don't really intend to go so long between posts, but...LIFE...

My dear handful of readers, the past couple years have been a bit brutal (an understatement) and challenging. In a previous post, I mentioned how hard we were working to preserve our health and prevent contracting covid. Well, we remained unscathed...until July, 2021...

In spite of our most valiant efforts, our bodies lost that battle. On July 15 or 16, my youngest son's temperature spiked. He complained of a headache, and he had a bit of a sniffly nose. By Sunday he was feeling better. 

That day (July 18) we went to Cedar Key, one of Jen's favorite places for a brief outing, to celebrate her birthday. We like to go, walk along the stores at water's edge, take a few pictures, perhaps eat while we're there.

The next day I had a headache, and my temperature began to spike, and the following day, Jen's spiked. She spent her birthday with a fever of 102. We did test positive, so we remained isolated as much as possible. But we did still need to help my parents; Steven had to fill in for Jen. 

Steven's place of work did close down for awhile, because others tested positive as well.

The morning of July 28, I told Jen I couldn't breathe. The next thing I knew the ambulance was there, to take me to the hospital. Thus began 23 long days in the hospital. I found out my dad was taken to the hospital the same day.

I was finally discharged on August 19. I came home on oxygen, and with a walker and bedside commode...and very little strength. It was a long recovery. I still suffer some after effects: my senses of taste and smell are still not right!

In August of 2022, I had to have a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin levels were so low. They gave me two units. 

Because we finally established a primary care provider that we really like, I am having some other health issues taken care of. In April, 2023, I had a gynecologist appointment to check into the cause of nearly a decade of vaginal bleeding. Initial pelvic exam found a polyp on my cervix, which the doctor removed. Then I had an intervaginal ultrasound, then they did biopsies from the uterine wall.

The uterine wall is supposed to be 4mm thick. Mine is 46mm thick! And the results from the biopsies came back as precancerous. So, now I await the next step.

A couple other events which have affected us are: my father passed away in October, 2022; and my mother passed away in March, 2023. Just five months and four days apart.

In the meantime, I am attempting to go vegan, and attempting to get back into nearly-daily walks. I hope you will join me as I again embark on this "journey to healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.