Sunday, August 20, 2023

A New Journey Begins

Back in May of this year, I posted that I am trying to going vegan/whole food plant based. I have since learned that is imperative that I do go whole food plant based.

In April, during a pelvic exam, a polyp was removed from my cervix, and tested precancerous. Off to the gynecologic oncologist I was sent, and an appointment set for a complete hysterectomy (uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix and all), for July 31. They also did biopsies of 3 lymph nodes. 

This past Monday (August 14) I had a two-week follow up. My incision sites are healing well. There hasn't been a tremendous amount of pain, which I've managed with acetaminophen. There was tremendous bruising on my abdomen, though. At one point it was such a dark purple, it almost looked black. Now, though, the bruising is nearly all gone.

At my follow up, I learned that, yes, I do have cancer. It sounds like it was mostly contained within the uterus and endometrium. But they want me to have radiation, to make sure to kill all the cancer cells, and to keep them from coming back.

In the meanwhile, I am also planning to go completely whole food plant based. At the moment, our finances will make it quite challenging, but for my health, I need to do this! Your prayers will be much appreciated!!     

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.