Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Trust and Temperence

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter T

NEWSTART
Using good things moderately and avoiding the bad is obviously wise, yet often hard to practice. Temperance can be neither bought nor earned, but is rather an important gift of God, a “fruit of the Spirit” (Galatians 5:22, 23). Moderation in all things is a thread woven throughout the fabric of NEWSTART Lifestyle programs.

Directly linked to physical health (Proverbs 3:5-6), trust in God is a gift leading to right choices.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6, KJV

2 comments:

  1. Moderation in all things is a good rule to follow. There are certain danger foods for me that I try to avoid since I find myself unable to eat them moderately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that one all to well! Chocolate used to be one of those. When I realized I was actually allergic to chocolate, I still ate it anyway. Then I had COVID in 2021...and it altered my senses of taste and smell. I still can't stand the taste of chocolate, or coffee, or peanut butter!

      Delete

We treasure your comments.