Sunday, September 3, 2023

Chickpea Omelet {recipe}

I am sill struggling to perfect this one! I don't know how thick the batter is supposed to be, but it always seems too thick to me. The recipe indicates it serves one, but I think it can easily serve two. Usually instead of being omelet-ish, it turns out more like scrambled! LOL

This morning when I made it, I forgot to put the salt in. (duh!) I don't use pepper (another of my allergies), and I didn't have the full amount of the nutritional yeast. I added peppers and onion to the batter. I piled diced tomato and avocado on top, with a drizzle of Cashew Jack Cheese to top it all off. It turned out rather tasty! Steven (my youngest son) doused his in ketchup! 

Add to Plan to Eat

Chickpea Omelet

This wonderful egg-free omelet is easy to make and is good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. From The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook. Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.

Source: forksoverknives.com

Course: Breakfast

Main Ingredient: Legumes

Serves:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup chickpea flour
  • 12 teaspoon onion powder
  • 12 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 14 teaspoon white pepper
  • 14 teaspoon black pepper
  • 13 cup nutritional yeast
  • 12 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 green onions (white and green parts) chopped
  • 4 ounces sautéed mushrooms (optional)
  • Optional toppings: Tomatoes spinach, salsa, hot sauce, microgreens

Directions

  1. Combine the chickpea flour, onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, nutritional yeast, and baking soda in a small bowl. Add 1 cup water and stir until the batter is smooth.
  2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Pour the batter into the pan, as if making pancakes. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of the green onions and mushrooms into the batter for each omelet as it cooks. Flip the omelet. When the underside is browned, flip the omelet again, and cook the other side for a minute.
  3. Serve your amazing Chickpea Omelet topped with tomatoes, spinach, salsa, hot sauce, or whatever heart-safe, plant-perfect fixings you like.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

Add to Plan to Eat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.