Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Health Report...on Wendy!

Let me tell you about my weekend.

Due to some middle-of-the-night events, I had my daughter take me to the ER on Friday. When I mentioned chest discomfort, shortness of breath, headache and nausea, they immediately took me to a room and proceeded doing an EKG.

They admitted me for at least overnight, for observation. I was in a single-occupancy room, which was spacious!

They never put me in a gown, so I was in my street clothes the whole time!! Yay!


Due to the fact that I have been bleeding at least lightly and nearly continuously for over 6 years now, they did an ultrasound.

Of course, they also took vials of blood. And they did an echocardiogram. There was one mention of doing a scan on my brain (because of my lightheadedness and dizziness), but that never happened.


My heart monitor

My heart passes inspection. Apparently it's strong and healthy. But my blood pressure is high...And my A1C was 8.4. So now I am on meds for blood pressure and diabetes.

The gynecologist wants to do a D&C, or at least a biopsy, which is to be done outpatient.

I was discharged yesterday.

At least I had a nice view from my hospital room!




 And, hey, you know what?! The food wasn't too bad, either!
Friday supper
I didn't get to have Sabbath breakfast, since they had me NPO because they planned to do a stress test.

Lunch was a turkey sandwich, and fresh fruit.
Sabbath supper

Sunday breakfast

Sunday lunch

Sunday supper

Monday breakfast

(There was a thick slice of turkey and a slice of swiss cheese on that croissant. Those tater tots were way over cooked. This was the worst meal I had at the hospital)
Monday lunch
And I was there for Monday supper: beef stew, rice, broccoli spears, canned peaches.

I am mostly vegetarian, and I really want to get back to it, or even go vegan. But they served me meat 2 or 3 times a day while I was in the hospital, and I'm used to having nor more than that much in a week! It was hard to handle, in a way.

So, now I am definitely getting serious about my health. It is going to be a lot of hard work, I know, and I am going to need lots of encouragement. Won't you please become a part of my team of personal trainers and encouragers?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We treasure your comments.